THE GEL METHOD
Cost per Mani
STEP 1 - PREP
- Use a cuticle pusher to gently push back cuticles. Use a cuticle nipper only if you need to.
- Lightly buff your nails along the tops and sides to give them a matte look so your manicure will stick to your nails much better.
- Wipe your nails clean with alcohol to ensure your nails are totally clean and oil-free.
STEP 2 - BASE COAT
- Start by applying a thin layer of base coat to all the nails.
- Cure for 60s in Rossi LED Nail Lamp.
STEP 3 - BASE COAT
- Apply the next thin layer of Rossi Base coat to the full nail.
PRO TIP: Stir your Glam Powder with a clean utensil prior to use for the best results.
STEP 4 - SCOOP THE DIP
- Place your nail over the jar, scoop some powder and pour it over the entire nail.
- Tap the finger to remove excess powder, but do not brush.
PRO TIP: You can take as much time as you need, there is no rush as the gel polish base won’t dry until placed in the lamp.
STEP 5 - CURE & BRUSH
- When you are done with the first coat, place your hand in the Rossi LED Nail Lamp for 60s.
- After curing you can brush off any excess powder using a kabuki brush.
STEP 6 - NEXT LAYER OF BASE COAT
- Apply another layer of Rossi Base Coat this time a hairline away from the cuticle.
- Sprinkle the powder over the wet base.
PRO TIP: Gel liquids have a different viscosity, that's why we pour the powder over the nail. Dipping would make the base move and squish around, making the application uneven.
STEP 7 - CORRECT & CURE
- Using this method makes it really easy to get close to the cuticle and clean up any mistakes before curing.
- Use an orange woodstick to remove any product from the skin.
- Cure in the Rossi LED Nail Lamp for 60s.
STEP 8 - BRUSH & BUFF
- There is no need for an activator as everything cures under the LED light and hardens perfectly.
- After curing brush away any leftover uncured powder.
- Lightly buff any imperfections and smooth the surface.
- Wipe your nail with alcohol to remove filing dust.
STEP 9 - TOP COAT
- Last step is to apply a nice, even layer of Gel Polish Top Coat.
- There are no worries about brushes hardening so you have plenty of time to work at your own speed.
- Cure for 60 second in Rossi LED Nail Lamp.
STEP 10 - DONE
- Finally, apply a liberal amount of Rossi Nourish Cuticle Oil into the skin surrounding the nail plate and you’re done!
- If you are having troubles with Glam Powder liquids give this method a try.
- Nails done this method have more of the gel feel and are not as hard as with dipping liquids and last 2-3 weeks.